Many tests and experiments have been carried out in order to determine the best rocks in the world. Rocks form the foundation of the earth and they go through different and similar processes of formation. They are formed and sculptured over a period of many years. Some of the best rocks in the world include:
1. The Turkish Fairy Chimneys. The rocks were formed through volcanic eruptions that covered the surface of the earth with volcanic ash. After a period of time there was erosion of the volcanic ash caused by wind and rain water. What was left behind was just basalts over lying on each other which formed the chimneys
2. Ha Long Bay found in the country of Vietnam. It is a very unique rock structure with beautiful decorations of caves, arches and limestone pillars. Researchers believe that the constant rising of the sea for over 500 is the causing factor for the formation of these rocks in Vietnam. But then the locals believe in a myth that this magnificent rocks could have been created by the dragons.
3. Eye of the Sahara. This rock is found in Mauritania as was also known as Richat Structure. If you look at the top part of the rock it resembles a bull’s eye. From its name, you can guess that it is located in the Sahara desert. With a stretch of 50 km the dome like structure was once confused to be have been caused by a meteorite. Recent studies show that the rock was formed through the uplifting of rocks that were later eroded.
4. The great Blue hole is another best rock in the world. This 320 meters long and 125 meters deep hole is located in Belize. This under the sea sink hole serves as a major attraction for those who love scuba diving. The blue hole forms part of the famous Mesoamerican reef. The blue hole was probably formed during the most immediate ice ages. It is believed that a limestone cave that was submerged had collapsed. This was caused due to changes in the sea level. Records of previous climates are found on the big stalactites and stalagmites that are present on the reef.
5. Moeraki Boulders also tops the list of the best rocks in the world. These turtles like rock structures are found on the shores of Koekohe beach in New Zealand. They are spherical in shape. 60 million years ago the rocks started their formation process as sediments at the bottom of the sea. Then just like how pearls form the carbonates in the sediments built up around together at a central point. But then the locals have a much more interesting story to explain the origin of these gigantic turtle shells. A canoe that was sailing had been wrecked and the boulders are just the remains of the eel baskets and the gourds.